THE FRIDGE HAS OPENED!
The Botley community fridge is a (small) fridge into which anyone can put food, and from which anyone can take food.
Church of St. Peter & St. Paul, 81 West Way, Botley OX2 9LS
Priority for people in need Mon and Sat 9-10am
Individuals can put in fruit, vegetables, bread/pastry and non-perishables. Registered food businesses can also put in cooked food.
No raw meat/fish, eggs, cooked rice, or food past its ‘use by’ date please! Good quality food past its ‘best before’ date is fine.
- If you’d like to take food
- If you know someone who could use food
- If you’d like to donate food as an individual
- If you’d like to donate food as a registered food business
- If you may want to volunteer (see below)
We could use help with
- Cleaning it and monitoring the fridge temperature on a daily basis (once a week, should take less than 15 minutes)
- Picking up food from local retailers
- Supplying food (for instance from your fruit tree or allotment, or if you have extra food when you go on holiday)
To help, please email Riki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the ‘Botley community fridge’ blog on the right for the story of the fridge so far.